Saturday, October 24, 2020

Anxiety

  

Free use image by The Digital Artist on Pixabay

fear
freeze my heart
as you melt my brain
you don't allow me to rest
but nor can I get work done
if I was daring
I would try
all

******

why
why not try
this is what you ask
anxiety the reason
for my procrastination
I fear I will fail
look the fool
me

~cie~

notes
I am aware that the image is visually disconcerting and unpleasant. It is an accurate depiction of the way anxiety feels.

the prompts


http://www.octpowrimo.com/2020/10/octpowrimo-day-24.html

Poetry Style

Anxious for more poetry?
Calm down, you can get it here!

This poem was posted to these places:

LBRY is a decentralized content marketplace. I price the PDF versions of my work at approximately half of the Kindle price because I receive the entire amount rather than a royalty percentage. 

You can get a free LBRY account through this link. You can earn LBC for viewing content on LBRY as well as from selling your content.



Copyright Information
The Icky, Sticky, Nit-Picky Legalese If You Please (Or Don't Please)
Copyright 2020 by Naughty Netherworld Press/Poetry of the Netherworld

Reblogging is acceptable on platforms that allow it. LBRY’s reblog function is called repost, which makes things confusing since reposting is considered a no-no on most platforms. It’s fine to share the post using the repost function on LBRY. It is not okay to copy-paste the material into a new post.

Sharing a link to the post is acceptable.

Quoting portions of the post for educational or review purposes is acceptable if proper credit is given.

4 comments:

  1. Anxiety and its close relative depression are soul suckers. Powerful and skilled soul suckers. And liars as well. Powerful and skilled liars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear is exhausting. Anxiety is exhausting. They steal all of my energy and leave no room for any other thoguhts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anxiety is the worst time-suck. The times I've sat there stewing rather than acting amount to years.

      Delete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.