Friday, May 31, 2019

Fat Friday #2: A Constant Barrage of Hate Leads to Suicide Ideation--Shocker!


Dear Debby Ryan:
Your garbage fat suit doesn't look anything like an actual fat person's body or face. Fuck right off with that shit.
Love,
An Actual Fat Person Who Is Sick to Death of This Kind of Bullshit

This is a response to a post on Medium Daily Digest by Your Fat Friend.
A lot of the time, Medium Daily Digest is a trash fire of self-congratulatory mental masturbation. However, there are a few pearls of wisdom among the rubbish. This post is one of those pearls.

The following is my response to said post:
Oh, Honey, if I could reach through the computer and hug you, I would.
I will tell you first off that I'm a fat adult. I'm also a mythological creature. I'm a fat adult who is food insecure. I only eat one or two meals a day. I am not so disabled that I can't work at all, but I can't work anything even close to full time. I don't get food benefits. But I can't possibly exist because fat people are constantly stuffing our faces, amirite? The thing that makes my situation even worse is the fact that not only does the entire world think I'm a glutton when I'm half-starved, there is this horrible personality in my brain whom we can call ED.
As you may have guessed, ED stands for Eating Disorder.
ED praises me when I starve myself.
The thing is, all of society's revulsion and all of ED's praise don't mean doodly squat. I'm still fat. Not "a little bit chunky" fat. Full on fat. 300 pounds fat.
With all of my endocrine problems, it's extremely unlikely that I'll ever be anything but fat.
I yo-yo dieted, engaged in orthorexia, and tried to hate myself thin for 33 years.
When I was young, I would lose weight with my dieting attempts. It always came back with friends. Once I was in my late 30's, the weight stopped coming off. 
I finally discovered size acceptance and Health at Every Size.
Maybe if I'd stop receiving constant messages that I'm disgusting and worthless, I wouldn't always be thinking that I wish I had the courage to end things. Believe me, I hate myself. I despise what I see in the mirror. I think I'm the worst kind of failure. I'm not even allowed to see myself in a neutral light, let alone a positive one.
Shows like "Insatiable" do nothing to help. 
By the way, is that trash still on? I gave it a thumbs down immediately. I was utterly disgusted. When I was still able to work as a home care nurse, I would sometimes watch the Disney channel with my patient. I thought that Insatiable's star, Debby Ryan, had created a really cute show with "Jessie," which she both produced and played the lead role. I was utterly disgusted with her for going along with this "Insatiable" garbage.
You're fine the way you are. I'm fine the way I am. It's our society that's messed up and wrong.

Here's a link to my comment if you want to give me hand claps for it or something.

Conclusion:
Fat people are not here to be the butt of your shitty jokes for your shitty TV show or anywhere else. 
Fat people are bullied to the point of mutilating our bodies and sometimes to the point of suicide, and society sanctions this behavior.
Fuck right off with that shit. If you're the kind of person who sanctions bullying and scapegoating, you need to check yourself, because you're an asshole.
Also, fuck your concern trolling about fat people's "health." If you care so much about my "health," give me some fucking money so I can purchase adequate food. That will go a long way to improving my health.
Oh, but I can only be "healthy" if I'm fuckable in your eyes?
That's what I thought.
Fuck right off with that shit.

~Cie~


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.