Saturday, May 18, 2019

Sometimes a Hero Appears

Copyright Getty Images

After school lunch lady Bonnie Kimball was fired for giving a lunch to a kid who didn't have enough money to pay for his lunch, Chef Jose Andres, pictured above, offered Bonnie a job working with him.
Sometimes a hero appears at just the right moment.
Most of the time there isn’t a hero at hand. Cases like Bonnie's are the exception. 
I got fired two years ago when I suffered reversals in my health. I was making $40,000 a year as a homecare nurse. I now make less than $10,000 a year. 
I get Medicaid but no assistance with food or housing. I generally don't eat more than one or two meals a day, despite having diabetes. I sleep on my son’s couch. 
Most of the time I want to commit suicide but I’m too much of an asshole to do so even though the ruling classes would be just as happy to stomp people like me out for being a “burden on society.” My son is high-functioning autistic. He still needs my help, compromised though I am. 
Unfortunately, what appears far more often than an angel like Jose Andres are devils like these:



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.