Wednesday, April 3, 2024

A to Z Challenge: Cyberstalking Plus Insecure Writers Support Group 3 April 2024

 


April 3 question - How long have you been blogging? (Or on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram?) What do you like about it and how has it changed?

I created my first blog in 2005. I was run off by a cyberstalker. This creep knew I had a history of abuse including being sexually assaulted and he would make crude comments like “you’re sexy” because he knew it made my uncomfortable. It got a lot worse than that. He’s the main reason I won’t turn off comment moderation.

I have a Facebook page, but I hardly ever use it.

http://www.facebook.com/OrneryOwlsRoost

I also have Twatter—er—Twitter. No, I will not call it X.

https://twitter.com/ReadersRoost

I hate Twitter but it’s kind of a necessary evil.

I don’t do Instagram and I’d sooner shave my butt with a dull butter knife than do Tik Tok.

I’ve never been very successful with blogging. I’m not nearly as active with it as I used to be.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Image by Liam Ortiz from Pixabay
Hanging with Sly Fawkes

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter C

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't give up and let mean people win. Keep writing. Keep blogging.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have a cyberstalker. I think it's a lot more common that people realise - I've technically managed to pick up two - one of whom isn't brave enough to talk to me, but definitely knows me - they talk about incidents that I've never mentioned anywhere else.
    I'll be following along though :)
    I'm also an author, doing the AtoZ of me and my inspirations.
    https://kaiberie.com/a-to-z-of-me-and-my-inspiration-atoz-2024/

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Shave your butt with a dull butter knife'...ha ha, what an expression. I'm active on TikTok, Instagram. Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. I started blogging on blogger around 2009, I think, but recently shifted my blog over to my website which I invite you to visit. https://dacairns.com.au/blog/f/a-to-z-blogging-challenge-d

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's terrible someone stalked you. What a low-life jerk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a predator who enjoyed stalking and harassing female bloggers. I didn't fear him doing anything physical as he was in India and I'm in the US. Still, he made me feel so disgusted that I eventually shut down my first blog to get away from him and his vile comments.

      Delete
  5. Sorry about the stalker! I had a few of those over the years and I hate it. It is the worst, managing anxiety in those situations. Hugs.
    If you don't like Twitt, try Mastodon. I moved a little over a year ago, and it is a much better, kinder, more evenly paced place. Honest.

    The Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blah to the creeper. Some people are just nasty and need to go live in a hole. Had a cyberstalker once, thankfully not vile, just very umm crazy. She was so far out to lunch it wasn't funny. Almost had her at my doorstep.

    I deleted Twitter. Such a cesspool. Lmao I'm with you on tiktok. Instagram I use just for friends and such. Farcebook, meh.

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.