Thursday, April 11, 2024

A to Z Challenge 2024: Killers!

 


I’ve gone through much of my life feeling like there was a noose around my neck.

This sensation is caused by laryngospasms, which, in my case, are primarily caused by anxiety.

Because my throat was tensed up so often due to stress, I developed vocal cord dysfunction.

I went through two months of physical therapy to unlearn the erroneous lessons that stress and anxiety taught my body.

Even now, I have to make a conscious effort to focus on exhalation because my larynx defaults to closing on inhalation.

Stress: it’s a killer, and it will fuck you up. No joke.

Enjoy some relaxing music.



#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter K

1 comment:

  1. Stress and its incestuous cousins anxiety and depression are indeed beasts.

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.