Tuesday, April 23, 2024

A to Z Challenge 2024: Day 22: Vanity

 

Image by Gordon Johnson from Pixabay

I struggle with the belief that artistic pursuits are self-serving vanity. I sometimes find myself thinking I am exaggerating my disabilities to get out of working a “real job.” However, I always struggled with trying to keep myself from having a mental breakdown when I worked a “real job.”

I was never able to work the sorts of hours that my family approved of. I would become severely depressed after a couple weeks working day shifts. I usually opted for jobs with evening and night hours. The types of jobs I worked were always physically demanding, such as health care.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~


Image by Alexa from Pixabay
"Doctor, the patients are revolting!"

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter V



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.