Tuesday, April 2, 2024

A To Z Challenge 2024 Day 2: Bad Brains


Image by Mohamed Hassan from Pixabay

They say it’s best to believe in yourself, and I suppose that’s true.

But what if you haven’t had experiences that make believing easy to do?

Everyone has let me down, and I’ve let me down the most.

I wish I could still drink and smoke weed so I could turn my circuits to toast.

Was I born with a bad brain?

Rotten synapses, just insane?

Or was I driven mad by the pain

Of living in a world

Where people think an oddball like me

Makes a real nice punching bag, both verbally and physically?

Does it matter anyway?

Not the best poem I ever wrote, but I didn't intend it to be a poem in the first place. It just came out that way.

In fairness, nothing I write is the best.


#AtoZChallenge 2024 badge B

1 comment:

  1. I don't think any of us think that writing is the best. And I think most of us feel we've let ourselves down at times. But every day is a new day to do better.

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.