Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Life with ADHD

 

Free use image by John Hain on Pixabay

This is a response to a post by Veronica Scott.

https://veronicascott.wpcomstaging.com/2021/03/06/they-know-a-lot-weekend-writing-warriors/

Gorgeous world-building. 

"She shook her head, annoyed at herself for having a scatterbrained mind and thoughts skittering like demented butterflies right now" sounds like the story of my life with ADHD. I've always had people tell me to "just" stop being so scatterbrained, stop daydreaming, pay attention, stop being so self-absorbed. 

The funny thing is, I'm conversely quite capable of hyper-focus. I've only just started learning to accept and work with my ADHD (and myself as a whole, really,) and I'm 56 years old. 

Sorry, I sometimes hyper-focus on a small piece of what I've read if it really grabs me as this sentence did.



Image by Please Don't sell My Artwork AS IS from Pixabay

Note: Today is my brother's 52nd birthday. It is also Saint Patrick's Day. So, happy birthday to one who's a saint and one who ain't.


1 comment:

  1. A very happy birthday to your brother.
    And all power to anyone who learns to live with and work with their disabilities. Not an easy ask.

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.