Sunday, July 7, 2019

Carpe Diem Renga with Jane Reichhold: Placing the Flute


wind perfumed
from a woman's shoulder
desert night
beauty of the soul hidden
beneath harsh exterior

dancing on the beach
I jab a stick into the sky
to break up the blue
blue for those loved by the world
sky is never blue for me

days so complete
words become the calls of birds
the high tide wind
what would it be to feel joy
satisfied at the day's end

placing the flute
against her lips something
slips into place
stupid girl that I once was
believing I could be more

I'm not old
all night my eyes have held
the ancient stars
I was broken before birth
my heart has never been young

moon white water
lovers in the secret cove
Saturday night
I walk on by full knowing
there is nothing there for me

~Jane & Cie~


Notes:
It's possible that for once in my train wreck of an existence I managed to follow directions and didn't, say, create Troiku where Renga was called for. SMDH at my failure to brain when it comes to even the simplest things.
The Hokku (Haiku) of these Renga were created by Jane Reichhold (1937 - 2016). The Ageku (two-line stanza) were created by me.


1 comment:

  1. This feels quite ancient, like something recited in a stone circle.

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.