Sunday, April 5, 2020

NaPoWriMo 2020 Day 4 + April PAD Challenge 2020 Day 4 + April PAD Countdown Catch-Up Day 6:

Image by Engin_Akyurt from Pixabay

A secret wish that I keep hid
Is the hope that dreams really do come true
Like I thought when I was a kid
A secret wish

The way I believed when the world was new
And there was magic in everything that I did
Before harsh reality twisted the screw

I say of foolish beliefs I'm rid
That I've buried the dreams that never grew
But a quiet place in my soul loves what logic forbid
A secret wish

~cie~



notes
The NaNoWriMo prompt was (generally) write a poem about a dream.
The April PAD Challenge prompt was a wish poem.
The April PAD Challenge countdown prompt was a quiet poem.
The poem form is a Rondeau.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.