Tuesday, October 22, 2019

OctPoWriMo 2019: Day 22: Broken Pieces

Image by Peter H from Pixabay

I was born broken
Broken under a bad sign
Sign that says "keep away"
Away from this heart of mine

I will never be whole
Whole life spent with a heavy heart
Heart that was broken before I was born
Born into a life that tore me apart

You'll never find me embracing light
Light and lies are all the same
Same pretenders to goodness everywhere
My strength lies in not playing their game

I run for my life, hide from the light
Light which exposes too much of my soul
Soul embracing the darkness inside
Inside a broken heart long gone cold

~Cie~


Notes:
Loop Poetry is a poetry form created by Hellon. There are no restrictions on the number of stanzas nor on the syllable count for each line. In each stanza, the last word of the first line becomes the first word of line two, last word of line 2 becomes the first word of line 3, last word of line 3 becomes the first word of line 4. This is followed for each stanza. The rhyme scheme is abcb.

Sorry, but your girl Cie ain't feeling the whole question and answer part of the prompt. Make of this poem what you will.

Song inspirations follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.