Monday, April 29, 2019

NaPoWriMo 2019 Day 29+ Poems in April Day 29: Asking Questions With Eyes Rolled Back

Image by Tumisu from Pixabay

Annoying content warning:
Poem contains profanity
If you have a problem with that, don't read it

Were you born to ramble
Or do you just run when things get serious
Do you read Baudelaire
Or do you just claim to do whatever makes you seem educated
Are you the kind who has to go and shoot your rockets everywhere
Do you know how many of your kind I've known
Do you know that you bore me to death
Do you know that you aren't nearly as slick as you think you are
Do you know that I'm sick of driving around with my eyes closed
Do you know that I can smell your bullshit from a mile away
Do you know I already know that this feeling doesn't go both ways, no matter what you say
Do you know how utterly fucking transparent you are
Do you know that I got sick of guys like you a long time ago
Do you know that I no longer waste my time on time wasters
Do you know that I don't abide liars
Why don't you crawl back under the rock that you crawled out from in the first place
Do you know that you seem like a creep rather than a suave, smooth sheik
Do you know that I'm sick of guys like you who think they can crawl into a woman's heart and tear it apart without a second thought for what they've done
Did you know I'm done
Did you know I'm long past done
Did you know I'm already gone

~Cie~



Notes:
NaPoWriMo asked for a poem which reflects in a calm way on a subject that is generally emotionally charged.
Poems in April asked for a poem made up of questions.
In my younger days, I constantly berated myself, wondering what I did wrong to draw only the worst kind of guys to me.
The fact of the matter is, these guys were predators and clowns. 
They were the kind of guys who deliberately seek out someone with low self-esteem because they think they will have an easier chance of getting laid with someone who is insecure.
A joker of this caliber isn't worth anybody's time. 
I can reflect on it calmly now because I despise the whole dating/mating dance and refuse to play that game anymore.
It hurt me a lot back then. But from my current vantage point, I can honestly say, it wasn't me, it was them.

Song References:

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.