Thursday, June 20, 2019

Troiku Challenge 2019: Day 14: Pink Sakura Blush


pink sakura blush  
spring’s kimono falls to earth
silk snatched by a breeze

pink sakura blush
singing song of sakura
many years ago

spring's kimono falls to earth
the young men choose their partners
nobody chose me

silk snatched by a breeze
like a dream that won't come true
drift into the past

Kim & Cie


Notes:
The "sleigh" of this Troiku was created by Kim R. Russell. The Three Dejected Horses of the Apocalypse are my responsibility.
Many of these prompts lately are reminding me of the year when I was in the fourth grade and I learned about Japan. I was a very shy and unpopular child with a terrible overbite, always chosen last for sports teams, and none of the boys wanted to dance with me at the school socials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.