Friday, April 26, 2024

A to Z Challenge 2024: Day 25: Youth

 

Image by 3005398 from Pixabay

The days of my youth are long behind me, but the things that happened then still affect my life. I suppose this must be true for everybody. While reading William Shatner’s autobiography, I noticed that he and I have something in common: difficulty establishing and maintaining friendships.

Like me, Bill (I think he’d be all right with me calling him Bill) had a difficult childhood, always having to defend himself from bullies. Unlike me, he has been very successful in other areas of his life. He never seems to have slid into self-loathing as I did. Is this the difference?

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~


Image by Jim Cooper on Pixabay
"You've never done anything to aggravate Captain Kirk have you, Space Jockey?"



Cool and beautiful electronic music from French band AIR.


#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.