Wednesday, April 5, 2023

D is for Dementia

 

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

I can no longer ignore the fact that my mother is showing signs of cognitive decline.

I finally emailed my brother to report my observations to him.

My mother still drives, which is a terrible idea. She has reported getting lost, turning onto a busy road that I feel like I’m taking my life in my hands driving on.

I live 125 miles from my mother. Visiting her is a 6-hour round trip. My own health isn’t great.

I hope to convince my mother to move closer to me so my son and I can check on her more easily.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~


Free use image by Willgard Krause on Pixabay


3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I hope your mom will move closer to you and that you and your son can help her and care for her. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Having to deal with this situation is hard for everyone, and I'm wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.