Saturday, April 1, 2023

A is for Answering Service

 

Image by Mohamed Hassan from Pixabay

Why do answering services still exist?

It’s one thing if the answering service operator is there to contact a doctor on call in case of emergency.

It’s another thing if all the answering service operator does is tell people calling that they need to call back in a couple of hours so they can speak to someone who can actually help them.

I once applied for a job as an answering service operator.

That was back in 1984.

It would have involved sitting in a call center overnight.

I probably would have been bored out of my mind.

Ornery Owl has spoken.





5 comments:

  1. I don't think we have them. Instead we get recorded messages essentially telling the caller to bugger off and bother someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost think that would be better. The only place I can see an answering service being at all helpful is if the operator can put a patient in touch with an on-call doctor.

      Delete
  2. Nice quiet music. May your A-to-Z be productive. (ErinPenn.com)

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.