Tuesday, April 4, 2023

C is for Cashing In My Chips

 

Image by Tobias Dahlberg from Pixabay

It's a computer chip, geddit?

I considered cashing in my chips with this post, but then I thought, I’ve already written a couple thousand words today. Surely a hundred more won’t be that big of a deal.

I’m not entirely sure I’m going to see this project through. Quitting won’t be some sort of admission of defeat. It will simply be an acknowledgment that I’ve bitten off more than I can chew. I’m already writing a 30,000–50,000 word novella for potential publication by Totally Bound. I’m writing a poem a day. Not that writing these dumb drabbles is difficult, but full participation in the challenge may not be something I can manage right now.

I swear, if I write WRITE NOW one more time, Imma smack my own hand with a ruler!

Here's Beethoven's Emperor Concerto for your enjoyment.




#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter C

2 comments:

  1. enjoyed your post, thanks for sharing your chips...lol

    https://theroadtobeingapublishedwriter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. If A to Z isn't for you this time around, that is totally okay. Know when to hold and when to fold. Your word count is doing awesome on its own. When taking on a writing project that is distracting from the big words count, it is time to ask questions - what are you getting out of it? What are you learning? And is it what you need to be learning now (or the only opportunity to learn it)? - Good luck, whatever your choice! (erinpenn.com)

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.