Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Insecure Writers Support Group 6 July 2022

 


If you could live in any book world, which one would you choose?

The Harry Potter universe is less horrible than some, but it would only be fun if one was a wizard. With my luck, I'd be a muggle or a house elf. Anyway, it's not all fun and games, what with death stalkers and Him Who Must Not Be Named and all that sort of thing.

At my age, I'd have to be a professor, I suppose. 

I'm old, tired, and grouchy. I'd be Snape, but with gray hair and saggy boobs.

Then again, the Owl thing does come naturally. I'd be Hedwig, but ornery.



Ornery and Harry
Free use image by Dmitry Abromov on Pixabay





7 comments:

  1. I could live in the Harry Potter universe, but only WELL AFTER the events of the books. Certainly wouldn't want to experience them, even as a wizard. (On a side note: Harry Potter comes up a lot in the answers to this month's question. Says a lot about how influential the books have been over the past two decades.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I think perhaps it isn't so much that Harry and his pals have fun as they're fun to watch and read about, and it's certainly better than being part of the Nostromo's crew!

      Delete
  2. Great world to inhabit. I'd go there, too. I wouldn't mind being the lady who opens the door to the dormitory. Think of all the secrets she'd hear. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed that too. It would certainly be a more pleasant Universe than most of those provided by, say, Stephen King.

      Delete
  4. I always forget how scary Harry Potter is for kids. It would be fun to just have a tour around Hogwarts for the day.

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.