Friday, February 21, 2020

Fat Friday: Shutting Down the Concern Trolls


This is my response to a post by Ragen Chastain about shutting down concern trolls.

Have you ever tried keto/paleo/whole 30/intermittent fasting?

a: I have, but I care about my health, so I don’t do that anymore.

I had kicked diet culture to the curb before "keto" came along, but I did Atkins twice and a couple of Atkins clones. I ended up feeling like I was going to pass out, I was moody as all fuck, my brain was even foggier than usual, and I felt sick most of the time. I don't remember if it was with Atkins proper the first time or with one of the clones, but my hair became very brittle and started coming out in handfuls. No fucking thanks.

As for "intermittent fasting," that's what I do when my abusive partner ED (eating disorder) comes in swinging and knocks me for a loop. I restrict my food intake (usually full-on starving myself) for a day or more and either sleep so I don't eat or sit there mired in self-loathing. Yeah, that seems very healthy, don't you think?


Fat and Ornery
Image copyright Open Clipart Vectors

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.