Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Open Book Blog Hop + Tackle It Tuesday: Pacing

 

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

This week's question:
Do you have any tips on controlling pacing in your stories? How do you manage it? 

To be honest, this is not something I have given much thought to and, therefore, I have no tips to offer. Nor can I tell you how I manage it. It pretty much manages itself. 

While some of my stories are action-intensive, I don't tend to write "fast-paced" stories. During the editing process, I look to remove extraneous details and repetition. I may move certain parts of the story around to make it more effective.

In managing my own life, I have never been good at pacing myself. I am not good about taking breaks. I can become hyperfocused. If I didn't have to eat I probably wouldn't, because it interrupts my writing process. Overall, I'd say my stories are better at self-regulating than I am.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~


Ornery Owl
Free Use Image from Open Clipart Vectors


Hangry Wyrm
Free use image from Pixabay
"Damn it, Ornery, I'm hungry! Stop speaking and let's eat!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.