Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Insecure Writers' Support Group 4 March 2020

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

Other than the obvious holiday traditions, have you ever included any personal or family traditions/customs in your stories?

My family is extremely dysfunctional. They have ended up in various stories in various situations. I'm not trying to paint them as bad. I'm trying to understand things that happened in my youth through much older eyes.

I'm too tired and my health is too precarious to be angry anymore. Mostly I'm sad for what could have been when I have the energy to feel much of anything.

~Cie the Ornery Old Lady~
(yes, I am)



2 comments:

  1. I've always used my stories in the same way, even the ones that don't look real, especially the ones that don't look real; hiding in plain sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said to my son yesterday that I rather wish people knew my writing better than me. Sadly, it seems to be the other way around. On a blog like this one, I'm transparent. I'm starting to be less so on my other blogs. Most people are too damn nosey and too willing to pass harsh and rude judgments. I was watching this documentary about people with physically obvious disabilities in the UK and the way other people make fun of them and even physically attack them and the law does nothing. It makes me sick.

      Delete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.