Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Insecure Writers Support Group 3 May 2023

 

Image by Kevin Phillips from Pixabay

Anyone who knows anything about me is saying "Clearly that is not your desk, you lying liar!"

You're right, it isn't.

Here's the question.

May 3 question - When you are working on a story, what inspires you?

It can be any number of things. It's often something obscure. But I would probably never get any writing done if it wasn't for prompts. Those help me herd my wayward ideas into something cohesive. 

Image by Chen from Pixabay

Without prompts, my squirrely ADHD brain would probably never write anything publishable. 

Image by Gerhard Janson from Pixabay
"I'll be back, Owl."

Now you know what you need to do to stop me from publishing anything else. Send a cyborg back in time to kill all the prompt writers.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Image by Micha from Pixabay
Ornery Owl ain't afraid of no steenkin' Terminator.



Chill with me, People. 

Grab a cup of Coffee Brand Coffee.

You need better coffee. Why not join Ornery Owl in a coffee revolution? Support an independently owned business at an affordable price. No hype, just great coffee.





7 comments:

  1. Love that prompts inspire you - and wish that I could drink coffee again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I allow myself one cup of regular coffee a day. If I want more than that, it has to be decaf. I'm on two blood pressure medications.

      Delete
  2. My oldest daughter has ADHD. It is tough to rein her back into doing her homework and such. Good for you to find prompts helpful.

    This is my first time at your blog. It's beautiful. I love the owl image with a helmet, I'll call it. I'm a confirmed tea drinker--and I mean loose tea in a pot with a tea cozy on it and a China teacup with a saucer. All best to you! You can reach my blog at https://www.victoriamarielees.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria. I didn't have much sympathy for my ADHD growing up. In fact, I didn't even realize I had ADHD until I was in my 50s. When I looked back, things started to make sense. I've been misdiagnosed with everything from type 2 bipolar disorder to being "borderline retarded." I was scolded for misbehaving, told to stop daydreaming, and called a "space cadet" by my schoolmates. I talk about my experiences because they might help someone realize they aren't "bad" or "stupid."

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the chuckle! Ornery Owl should be a little worried though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly, although perhaps she can taunt the Terminator into standing in a hydraulic press.

      Delete
  4. I rarely write on my desk, because my desk is also my primary painting workspace. It's so full of paint and brushes and other paraphernalia I rarely have room for a computer. I actually tried to make space for my laptop yesterday and found a weird puddle of something... I have no idea what it was. It wasn't paint, water, oil, ink, alcohol, or any of the other logical things that could be there. UV resin, maybe? *shrug*

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.