Sunday, September 8, 2019

The Crazy Creatives Cheerleading Camp's Come As You Are Party + Song Lyric Sunday: Little Wing


Anyone who knows me knows that I love Jimi Hendrix, even though I was only five years old when he died. 

I actually didn't discover Jimi's music until I was twelve. My parents weren't keen for him. They had records by The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Doors, and The Rolling Stones, all of whom I loved, but no Hendrix.

Jimi Hendrix was a hero to me, not that I thought I'd ever be able to play the guitar like he did. He was a true poet, and he was true to himself. He had a certain confidence which I knew I'd never have.

I may live to regret being open about this (I usually live to regret being open about things) but my brother and I once had a chat with Jimi Hendrix via the Ouija board. He was very cool. Know right now that I'm not going to argue about this. You don't think it happened and think it was just our subconscious, fine. Maybe that's so. I think it happened, and it was a great moment in my life.

I think Jimi wouldn't mind if I were to answer his song lyrics with a poem of my own.

Well she’s walking through the clouds
With a circus mind
That’s running wild
Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams
And fairly tales

That’s all she ever thinks about

Riding the wind

When I’m sad she comes to me
With a thousand smiles
She gives to me free

It’s alright, she says
It’s alright
Take anything you want from me
Anything

Fly on, little wing

-- Jimi Hendrix (1967)

For the big brother I never had in this life, here's my answer to your poem.

I remember that girl
Circus mind, running wild
A heart that believed in fairy tales

She wasn't as bad as everyone made her believe
Wild child with her head in the clouds
Who just wanted everything to be a beautiful dream

Her dreams became nightmares
As the world was revealed to be hard and uncaring
And she realized that the songs must come from somewhere else

The world tamed her circus mind
The merry-go-round broke down
The faire ended before she arrived

She sits in the graveyard of her dreams
And wonders if the ghosts will come
And take her to the party 

Where all her friends are waiting
With open arms to welcome her
Where she will belong at last

~Cie~
8 September 2019

Prompt Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.