Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Haibun: Mood Like A Lost Motel

Copyright enddetour

My mood is a rundown motel room. It’s dull, it’s dingy, and the view from the window is equally hopeless. Maybe there are some things in the room that used to be beautiful, but they are long faded. Hope left town a long time ago.

When there is no more
To hope for I wonder why
Does life continue

~Cie~

Note:
I am NOT looking to be told to "seek counseling" or "try meds" or any of those other things I've heard a million times before. I'm looking to express myself. Edgar Allan Poe and H.P. Lovecraft told me that I could express myself through dark poetry. I don't want to make liars out of my longtime heroes by having to waste my time explaining to people that I am nearly 54 years old, I know my options, and I choose to lay it down in poetic form.

2 comments:

  1. I admire the way you courageously express yourself, even the dark parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just find it kind of sad that I can't just lay down the dark poetry without also tacking on a disclaimer of some kind. I suppose people "mean well" when they whip out the old "counseling and meds" bit, but for a lifelong traveler on the old Crazy Train, it gets a bit old. Like, gee, I never thought of THAT! I'm sure I will magically be happy, successful, and probably become an adored public figure as soon as I do those things. Add in "just stop thinking that way," and I'll be golden for sure!

      Delete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.