Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Cheese Grates It: High Anxiety

I always identified way too well with Charlie Brown.
I had a job interview this morning and I flaked out. It's been several months since I worked a job where I have a set schedule. My current job has the advantage of me scheduling myself. However, it doesn't make enough money. The person I was to interview with agreed to allow me to interview on Thursday.
Not that the job I'm interviewing for makes great money.
I don't know if I'll be physically able to handle the job I'm interviewing for. If I can't, (providing that I even get it) I'll turn in my resignation. The job I currently have isn't going anywhere. I don't have to quit.
Other problems which face me should I take the job I'm interviewing for:
I'll lose Medicaid. This is actually a huge problem. Therefore, I don't know if I may be better off sticking with the job I have.
The job I have has no chance for a raise, although on a good night I come out fairly well money-wise. I work for tips and am paid by the delivery.
The job I would be going into is homecare, although I am not responsible for anything medical. It would be working with senior citizens rather than children. I would be acting in the capacity of overnight sitter, although it sounds like some of these folks are bedbound, so I would probably also be having to change their briefs and reposition them. The position requires being able to lift 25 pounds, which I can do. However, I can no longer do heavy lifting and I do have some health problems which are going to need taking care of.
I honestly don't know what the hell to do.

~The Cheese Hath Grated It~



1 comment:

This is a safe space. Be respectful.