Sunday, October 25, 2020

Saccharine Compliments

 


Free use image copyright John Hain on Pixabay

the things that people say to me
always come off contradictory
your imagination is certainly flexible
but your credentials are hardly credible

you're a walking psychological disorder
whose house has never been in order
the anarchy in your brain
can only be described as insane

to expand on our point of view
you are chaos through and through
it's hardly a stretch to say
that you should be locked away

oh, but you're an imaginative little tart
they say with soulless smiles and no heart
all saccharine and lies
that cause me to roll my eyes

they look at me with disdain
as if I have no brain
then try to ply me with false compliments
their bullshit makes no sense

I stopped playing by the rules
because I found that rules are for fools
since I do nothing right anyway
I may as well do things my way

~cie~

promptpostorous


Poetry Style
Some crap that I thought up and I made the end words rhyme.
Seriously, I was so not up to attempting to create my own poetry style.

Want more poetry that's just your style? Or my style, anyway.

This poem was posted to these places:

LBRY is a decentralized content marketplace. I price the PDF versions of my work at approximately half of the Kindle price because I receive the entire amount rather than a royalty percentage. 

You can get a free LBRY account through this link. You can earn LBC for viewing content on LBRY as well as from selling your content.



The Icky, Sticky, Nit-Picky Legalese If You Please (Or Don't Please)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

This work is the intellectual property of Naughty Netherworld Press/Poetry of the Netherworld

Reblogging is acceptable on platforms that allow it. LBRY’s reblog function is called repost, which makes things confusing since reposting is considered a no-no on most platforms. It’s fine to share the post using the repost function on LBRY. It is not okay to copy-paste the material into a new post.

Sharing a link to the post is acceptable.

Quoting portions of the post for educational or review purposes is acceptable if proper credit is given.

Note
I can't receive earnings per view from LBRY if my work is copyrighted. I've been marking my work as copyrighted to protect myself. So, now I have to go back and mark my work as being protected by a non-commercial share-alike license so my broke ass has a chance to earn from it. Isn't that a pain? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.