Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Lisa Buie-Collard - Author : October and The Air is Sweet IWSG

Lisa Buie-Collard - Author : October and The Air is Sweet IWSG:   Have you heard of the singer Jackson Browne?  He sang a song when I was younger called "Running On Empty...

I am trying to get on disability. I worked most of my life at very physically demanding jobs and I can't do it anymore. My financial situation is trash. I finally received my "stimulus" check. $1200 hardly scratches the surface, but the Narcissist in Chief had to make sure his name was on it.

This has been a very difficult year for sure.

2 comments:

  1. I am all too familiar with running on empty. Some days it seems to be my default - though I had no idea that there was a some of that name.
    And yes, this has been a very, very difficult year. For too many, and in particular (as usual) to those with least privileges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been tired since I was in my early teens, which is when my thyroid decided to shut down. I can't tell you how many times people have called me lazy, saying that I just don't try hard enough, that I just think I'm a spoiled princess.
      I have to go for a psych eval on the 26th as part of the process to try and qualify for disability. I hate that kind of shit. Being judged by some high and mighty prat with a PHD is not my idea of a good time.

      Delete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.