Monday, August 15, 2022

**Daryl Devoré's Blog**: I thought I had found a friend. Julie's comment to...

**Daryl Devoré's Blog**: I thought I had found a friend. Julie's comment to...: Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors! Where writers share an excerpt of their writing on Sunday.  Visit other participants on the list and re...

I've sought friends who would be interested in me as well as themselves for my entire life. Any time I think I've found them, they either disappear or betray me. That's the problem with being broken. Only other broken people will have anything to do with you.

Neither of these characters seems especially broken, at least not on the surface. I find myself relating to them anyway.

There's a movie/story called "More Beautiful for Having Been Broken." I've always thought what a load of nonsense that idea is.

1 comment:

  1. More beautiful for being broken? Sigh. I suspect that comes under the same heading as you cannot love anyone if you don't love yourself. Malarkey.

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.