Saturday, May 21, 2022

Blow Your Stack Saturday: Remember Then

 


If you were to aspire a little higher right now, with no miss-understandings to handicap you, what would be your desire?

I remember what it was like to just write what I wanted to write without worrying about any commercial potential. 

I remember what it was like when exercise was fun before the worries about being good enough or whether it had the potential to make me lose weight.

I remember what it was like to take a walk without having to worry about randos hollering at me or well-meaning but ultimately discouraging people telling me they'll pray for me or admonishing me that if I just prayed harder all my handicaps would fall away.

I have a bad back. My upright walker means I can sit down when it starts hurting and then roll on my way when I'm ready. It helps keep my spine in good alignment. Walking without support, my right side slumps. For fuck's sake, if prayer works, there are people who actually need it. People with terminal or degenerative conditions. Not me. You'd think these people had never seen anyone use a walker before. 

I need to encourage myself to put on my headphones (the universal symbol for "fuck off and leave me alone") and get rolling again. Not today, though. It's cold today.

I have a sketchpad. I should get out there and start sketching again.

Why do people see the need to put stupid conditions on things? Find things you like to do and do them. That's my only advice. I'd rather encourage than discourage.

As a reminder, this blog is a diet talk and weight loss talk-free zone. It's fine to discuss how diet and weight-loss culture have impacted your life. It is not fine to encourage dieting or exercise with weight loss as a goal. That shit fucked up my already fucked up metabolism even worse. I will have to contend with body dysmorphia and my abusive life partner, ED (Eating Disorder), for the rest of this incarnation. ED doesn't need any encouragement. Don't feed him.

I'm answering a question from The Maestro Monologue.


https://amzn.to/3ltlntN

White, Rob. The Maestro Monologue: Discover Your Genius. Defeat Your Intruder. Design Your Destiny. (p. 15). The Mind Adventure Inc.. Kindle Edition. 

If you purchase a copy of the book through this link, I will earn a small commission from Amazon.



~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~


Free use image from Open Clipart Vectors
Ornery Owl is Fat, Fierce, and Done With This Shyyyyyt


Free use image from Pixabay
Hangry Wyrm says:
"If you're hungry, eat!"






No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.