Saturday, November 21, 2020

Tell Me

  

Free use image by ijmaki on Pixabay

tell me just what you think I have to do
to be worthy of being treated well
to receive at least common decency
rather than disdainful, insulting slurs

tell me how perfect you think I must be
before I am immune to hateful words
what I would have to become isn't real
what gives you the right to spew such venom?

tell me where you learned to hate so deep
was it from society or parents?
you think you're cool whenever you're cruel
cut out your own heart with each hateful word

~cie~

Write a "tell" poem

This poem was posted to these places:




The Icky, Sticky, Nit-Picky Legalese If You Please (Or Don't Please)



Creative Commons License


This work is the intellectual property of Naughty Netherworld Press/Poetry of the Netherworld.

Reblogging is acceptable on platforms that allow it. LBRY’s reblog function is called repost, which makes things confusing since reposting is considered a no-no on most platforms. It’s fine to share the post using the repost function on LBRY. It is not okay to copy-paste the material into a new post.

Sharing a link to the post is acceptable.

Quoting portions of the post for educational or review purposes is acceptable if proper credit is given.

Want more telling poetry?
Get it here!


Share my mood on LBRY.





LBRY is a decentralized content marketplace. I price the PDF versions of my work at approximately half of the Kindle price because I receive the entire amount rather than a royalty percentage.

Most of my work is free. A tip as small as 5 LBC (approximately $0.15) really helps, and it all goes to me.

You can get a free LBRY account through this link. You can earn LBC for viewing content on LBRY as well as from selling your content.


4 comments:

  1. I wish I knew. How I wish I knew. I suspect the cost that these people would levy to mean I was free from the hate and the slurs is higher than I am prepared to pay. I suspect it is higher than I CAN pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the goalposts keep moving with it. People used to make racist slurs without a second thought. Then racism became socially unacceptable, but homophobic slurs were still okay. With overt homophobia now being frowned upon, the two classes that remain fair game are fat people and people with mental illness.
      Sadly, there are a lot of people who would prefer having a scapegoat to addressing the aspects of themselves and their own lives that they are unhappy with.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, it isn't a goal you can meet because the demands come from damaged people. They seek to inflict pain to lessen their own. It doesn't work any which way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the playground bullies who never left their bullying bullshit behind. Doesn't say much good about our society that people tend to encourage their behavior.

      Delete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.