Sunday, November 17, 2019

The Crazy Cheerleading Camp's Come As You Are Party: "Love Like You'll Never Get Hurt?" No Fucking Thanks.

Image by Goran Horvat from Pixabay

This is a response to a post on The Mighty entitled What Love Is Like Through the Eyes of Someone With Borderline Personality Disorder.

"I also don’t understand boundaries or ambiguity, so sometimes I mistake the gestures or actions of others for love and end up caring much more for someone than they care about me."

"Unfortunately, a common problem for me (and I’m learning many with BPD struggle with this) is that I find myself in a position where relationships become broken and end quite frequently. I struggle to let go."

"Even through the pain, I still love the person and can’t stop. Some may say this helps in some way, but often it leaves me hurt as I watch people move on in life without me."

Love sucks. It bites. It blows. It stinks. 

Whenever I see that "love like you'll never get hurt" type crap, I just want to start throwing things. No fucking thank you. I do not enjoy ending up in the ER with blood running down my arms. Because that's where that kind of thinking inevitably puts me.

I came to a point where I'd been hurt so much that my behavior tends to be the opposite at this point. I come off as cold because I'm trying to keep myself safe. I don't like to be touched. I'm afraid of forming deep, meaningful friendships, and romantic love can go take a flying leap. I don't like casual sex, and at this point, I have the libido of roadkill anyway. I just don't ever want to go through that mess again. It isn't worth it.

~The Cheese Hath Grated It~





Love hurts
Love scars
Love wounds and marks
Any heart not tough or strong enough
To take a lot of pain, take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud, it holds a lot of rain
Love hurts
Ooh love hurts
I'm young
I know
But even so
I know a thing or two, I learned from you
I really learned a lot, really learned a lot
Love is like a flame, it burns you when it's hot
Love hurts
Ooh love hurts
Some fools think
Of happiness, blissfulness, togetherness
Some fools fool themselves, I guess
They're not foolin' me
I know it isn't true I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie made to make you blue
Love hurts
Ooh love hurts
Ooh love hurts
I know it isn't true
I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie made to make you blue
Love hurts
Ooh love hurts
Ooh, love hurts, ooh

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.