Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Troiku Challenge 2019: Day 17: Breathing Silence

Image by Radoan Tanvir from Pixabay

alone on the beach
only the cries of seagulls -
breathing silence

alone on the beach
wondering what lies ahead
another sunrise

only the cries of seagulls
if I could understand them
what would they tell me?

breathing silence
trying to calm this feeling
that all is not well

~Chèvrefeuille & Cie~



Notes:
The "sleigh" of this Troiku was created by Chèvrefeuille. The Three Horses of the Apocalypse are my responsibility.
This poem is part of my Seacliffe Series, in reference to my WIP, The Legend of Seacliffe House. These poems focus on the thoughts of my protagonist, Randal Messana, as he finds himself in a strange new situation after rescuing his mother from the brutal Diamantina Lamb and fleeing the cursed Lambswood Manor. The story is primarily a homage to Edgar Allan Poe and it may or may not ever be published. Either way, I hope some of you enjoy the poetry inspired by the tale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.