Saturday, August 18, 2018

The Cheese Grates It: "Insatiable" is About Body Positivity, My Fat Ass

First of all, @insatiable-tv

This is a TV show which couldn’t exist without the greenlighting of scapegoating towards people who have a certain body type. They aren’t clever enough to create entertainment without making larger people the butt of jokes. When you have to be mean and cruel to bring attention to your “entertainment,” it’s a sign that you are a massive failure at entertaining.
I became bulimic at 12 and yo-yo dieted for approximately 33 years. Initially, dieting took the weight off. As I got older and my metabolism was wrecked by both frequent dieting and physical conditions, it didn’t matter how much I starved myself, I didn’t lose weight. I had to stop dieting in order to stop gaining weight. 
I didn’t have my jaw wired shut, but I did have dental surgery when I was 18 and couldn’t eat anything but pureed foods for about six weeks. I went down to 108 pounds. I had no energy, my skin was dry, my hair was brittle, but I was under the weight I should have been for my height. So, I thought I had succeeded. 
My body was not meant to be at that weight, so when I was able to eat normally again, I started gaining weight, and I hated myself. 
I tried every diet out there. None of them worked long-term.
I might not be as heavy as I am now if not for years of yo-yo dieting. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Diets still don’t work, but assholes like you can’t hurt me anymore. You’re boring.


Thing is, you can hurt a lot of vulnerable girls who are just like I used to be. Which is why I will fight you and your fucking bullshit every step of the way.
~The Cheese Hath Grated It~


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.