Saturday, July 30, 2022

Blow Your Stack Saturday/Snippet Sunday/Weekend Writing Warriors 30 July 2022

 


The following is ten sentences from my stupid garbage daily diary. I keep kicking around the idea of gathering these thoughts into some kind of memoir/self-help book thing. 

I always wind up thinking "how the hell could I help anybody when I'm such a damn mess?" However, the people I've felt most "helped" by in this world are other messes, not the Shining Stars farting rainbows as they leap across the heavens. 

So, this may be part of a WIP or it may just be filler as I try to pull myself back together and start trying to promote my stories again.

OFFICIAL SNIPPET START

On July 5, I received a few books that I ordered from Thriftbooks.

You, the reader, need to check out Thriftbooks.

https://bit.ly/ThriftBooksCie

One of the books was The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron.

I wrote my name in my new book the way I did when I was a little kid.

“This book is the property of Ornery Owl, July 2022.”

Okay, I didn’t write the Ornery Owl name when I was a little kid because I didn’t think of that one until 2019. But The Artist’s Way is the property of Ornery Owl, because that is the persona that will heal the rest of me.

One of the first things Julia talked about is writing three journal pages every day. These are supposed to be handwritten. I don’t know if that’s going to happen.  

OFFICIAL SNIPPET END

(Spoiler: it's been happening all month. I'm actually kind of surprised.)

I've really been struggling this year, so thank you for indulging me with this snippet from something that may or may not ever be published depending on how evil I'm feeling. If I'm feeling especially evil, I will probably unleash it on the world.)


Ornery Owl
Free use image from Open Clipart Vectors





7 comments:

  1. I also learn from fellow messes. Keep going on your memoir. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused as to where your 10 sentences begin/end. Julia Cameron's book is a great learning too. Morning pages can help get your creative motor started. I'm not good at following through, though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in better shape than I am. I'm just plain confused.
      The snippet begins with "on July 5" and ends just before the bit about spoilers. Sorry, I should have made that clearer.

      Delete
  3. Interesting snippet, thanks for sharing. I personally wouldn't tie myself to any absolute as in three pages a day. Do what works for *you*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of an arbitrary number. I don't know why she came up with that. So far, it's worked well enough. A lot of it is crap that I'd leave out of any finished product, but it's helped me learn some things about myself.

      Delete
  4. I do believe there's great self-learning in journaling. I'm terrible at sticking with it though. Wish you all the best sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.