Saturday, November 20, 2021

"Fun" With Sleep Paralysis

 


This is a response to a post by Amber Daulton featuring an excerpt from one of her books. The hero suffers from PTSD. He sleeps with a knife under his pillow.

https://amberdaulton.wordpress.com/2021/11/17/mfrwhooks-learning-the-truth-is-never-easy/

Yikes! I can only imagine that if I kept a knife under my pillow, I'd slice myself up. 

I suffer from bouts of sleep paralysis. One time my son happened to be passing my room and saw that I was in distress. To my relief, he woke me up. When I asked him if I was making any sounds, he said only vague muttering. I could have sworn I was shouting at the top of my lungs.

2 comments:

  1. I too would certainly damage myself if I slept with a knife.
    Fortunately sleep paralysis is outside my experience - and I hope it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started when I hit puberty. I hoped that I'd outgrow it. Alas, seeing as I'm approaching sixty, I don't think I will!

      Delete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.