Sunday, April 4, 2021

Come As You Are Party: Physical Phucquery

 This is a reply to a post by Helen regarding her Dupuytren's contracture.

https://woonietest.blogspot.com/2021/04/curlings-not-my-sport.html

So far my hands are okay. I suffered a serious injury to the median nerve in my left arm three years ago and was in agonizing pain for a month before I was able to start physical therapy. I still don't have full range of motion in the arm and have to be very careful of how much I lift. My back is also a hot mess.

I think that diabetes is a very stupid name for one of the unfunny conditions that I have. I would like to rename the condition hypopancreatism, which I feel is a much more accurate term. I have hypothyroidism, so hypopancreatism makes sense. Or we could just say that my endocrine system is a trash fire, I suppose.

Glaucoma is kind of an amusing name for a scary condition. But, so far, the interestingly-named Timolol eye drops are keeping things in check.

2 comments:

  1. I also have hypothyroidism - while the cat has an over active thyroid.
    And, as you know, MS. Currently a few other things are being investigated. I really don't like my body. Or my mind if it comes to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I really started hating my body when it began to change. I was always told how ugly I was and I saw how women were treated like objects. I didn't want to be an object, and I didn't like being ugly.
      I have a very interesting mind, but not one that others understand, which makes me a pariah. I've got a bit of a love-hate relationship with my mind. I love my creativity. I hate all my mood problems.

      Delete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.