Saturday, April 24, 2021

ADHD and Me

 

Free use image from Pixabay

This is my response to a post by Amber Corinne about ADHD in girls and women.

https://thewinterofmydiscontent.com/2021/04/20/adhd-in-girls-and-women/

I wasn't aware that I had ADHD until I was in my 50s. It explains nearly everything. I also have complex PTSD. I was misdiagnosed with type II bipolar disorder. I've also been diagnosed with OCD, but I don't think I have true OCD. I think my OCD-like symptoms are actually part of ADHD.

I resist using the term "wrong" to describe the way my brain works. I've been called "wrong" all my life. I honestly wouldn't want to change the way my brain works. I'd just like to have learned ways to work with my brain instead of against it earlier in life.

1 comment:

  1. 'Wrong' is possibly the most perjorative and frequently wrong label that too many people have pinned on them.

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.