Monday, October 28, 2019

OctPoWriMo 2019: Day 28: Broken Pieces


I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you, Sunshine
You see, I'm feeling discouraged today
You see, my obsessive-compulsive, bipolar, attention-deficient brain
Is not complying with this idea of acceptance
You see, my quivering fuckery of a personality is feeling anything but precious
Some days she can fool herself that she's healing
That she's regaining her strength
Today is not that day
And tomorrow isn't looking so hot either
Do not come 
To my run-down, battered, dilapidated, war-torn house in the bad part of town
Looking for a bright beacon of light
Or some fucking Hallmark Channel story about the horrible old hag
Who was cured of her mental illness
And suddenly became young and pretty
You will not find her here
On the wrong side of the Cosmos
Swilling her bitter bitches brew
Wondering if today is the day when she walks off down the road
Into the cold
And lets nature take its course
Like it should have long ago
I have some bad news for you, Sunshine
Today is not that day
And tomorrow is not looking so hot either
All bad things must come to an end
But today is not that day
Maybe tomorrow
Who the hell knows?
In the meantime, I sip my bitches brew
And try to kill off the remaining feelings
Wherever they may hide
Deep inside
The toxic moonlight bipolar negative blacklight supernova
That lies at the very heart of me

~Cie~




No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.