Friday, October 18, 2019

OctPoWriMo 2019: Day 18: Disappointment

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

Fair warning that the following is salty, blasphemous, and should not be read in polite company or impolite company either. Probably more a rant than a poem.

The first time I was disappointed
I was probably a baby
Whose annoying crying was ignored

But the first time I remember
Really feeling heartbroken
I was three years old

I found a dead butterfly
And was hurt to realize
That the God I was taught to worship

Left this creature broken
Knowledge such as this
Was supposed to strengthen my faith

Teach me to engage in prayer
To beg God for mercy
But as it happens

I don't care to worship
A God you're supposed to fear
I gave up years ago

Giving devotion to a deity
Who wants my piety
But knows no mercy

Whenever I feel broken
And am fool enough to express myself
Someone feels the need to tell me

That this too shall pass
These words don't bring me comfort
These words are kerosene

Those words stir up my ire
My ire is the fire
To ignite their lily ass

~Cie~





No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.