Sunday, August 4, 2019

Carpe Diem Little Ones: Sedoka: In the Mirror

Image by Michael Gaida from Pixabay

Face in the mirror
Painting its cheeks with color
While painting its heart with lies

Painted-on pretty
Never healed a single wound
I was lying to myself

~Cie~


Notes:
It's been said that I have body dysmorphic disorder. In any case, I have always thought myself shockingly, astoundingly, hideously ugly. I used to wear a lot of make-up. I haven't worn make-up in about 15 years because it causes my eczema to flare.
I think this society places far too much value on a very narrow definition of physical "beauty." We live in a world where hotness is the most desired attribute and lust is the most coveted sensation. I don't think this is healthy for either individuals or society as a whole.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.