Thursday, April 4, 2019

NaPoWriMo 2019: Day 4: Unwanted Girl

Image by lisa runnels from Pixabay

Will you ever leave
Me alone you damn
Stupid girl who I
Once happened to be
Why won't you be gone?

Why must you come
Back into my
Psyche why don't
You remain dead

Little girl
Zombie girl
Girl I was

Why don't 
You stay

Gone

~Cie~



Notes:
The NaPoWriMo prompt was to write a sad poem.
Come on, y'all, that isn't even a challenge! I write two kinds of poems: dark and silly.
The form I used is a diminishing hexagram.
I really wish I'd done the A to Z challenge on this blog this year because I'm crushing it!
Oh, one more thing.
The effects of abuse and bullying last a lifetime.
I learned to hate myself long ago.
I still have trouble tolerating myself, still hear the cruel words admonishing me that I'm ugly, stupid, unwanted, and will never amount to anything.
It isn't like I'm eighteen and just out of school.
I'm fifty-four and the setbacks I've had during the past few years only reinforce the belief that I am nothing.

1 comment:

This is a safe space. Be respectful.