Friday, October 26, 2018

OctPoWriMo 2018: Day 26: Mixed Messages


I need to be more open, I am told
Not to keep my truth a secret, to be bold
Not to be introspective, to reveal
Every thought I think and feeling that I feel

But when I follow this advice, then all I find
Are those who say: don't be quick to speak your mind
You must maintain an air of mystery
Don't be in a hurry to set your secrets free

Have an open heart but don't wear it on your sleeve
Don't let the sun catch you crying, no-one wants to see you grieve
Be real and true and honest, but don't be an open book
Don't keep your light hidden inside, let the world have a look

With all this conflicting information
I just want to catch the train and leave the station

~Cie~


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.