Wednesday, October 10, 2018

OctPoWriMo 2018: Day 10: Floating

Cerebral Dysfunction
Copyright Callie Fink

Content warning:
Drug reference

Yes, I have been euphoric
The year I was sophomoric

Back when I still wanted to dance
In times when there still was a chance

In the clouds I thought I found delight
When I stayed out partying all night

Since I felt no joy in reality
I let substances bring the joy to me

Though it was a lie, I needed it so much
It's been years since I felt euphoria's touch

~Cie~


Note:
I did a lot of drugs in junior high and high school. I don't apologize for it, and I don't really regret it. I did what I had to do to survive. I did not survive unscathed. I came to see as I got older that the drugs didn't solve any of my problems, they just made them fuzzy and nebulous for a while.
I am and always have been a proponent of legalized cannabis. For my own part, I don't use it to get high. I don't even smoke it. I take a low-dose edible to help with my rampant insomnia and to stave off leg cramps. It doesn't get me high, it just acts as a mild sedative. In fact, it fucks with my mind a lot less than prescription sleep medications. I've never done a sleepwalk jaunt out to pee on my car tire after eating a THC-infused gummy square. I most certainly did do that when taking Ambien. 
Fortunately, it was 3 AM and the parking lot was very dark. Also fortunately, I didn't walk all the way out to the busy road and get made into street pizza by a passing semi. Well, fortunately or unfortunately, I guess, all depending on your opinion of my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.