Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Insecure Writers Support Group 7 December 2022

 

Image by Jill Wellington from Pixabay

It's holiday time! Are the holidays a time to catch up or fall behind on writer goals?

Neither. The holidays are business as usual for me. I run a 365-day-per-year writing operation. Falling behind really bothers me so I would never do it deliberately.

I don’t have young kids—don’t have much in the way of family at all, really. I do have family, but I’m estranged from most of them. My son and I will do a day trip to see my mother, who lives about 125 miles from us, before Christmas. My brother lives in Arizona and my mother, son, and I live in Colorado. I’ll send my brother a holiday message. Maybe I’ll make some cookies to send him this year.

Sometimes it’s kind of sad not having friends I can communicate with, but the truth is, I’m not that good at being a friend. I’ve got a lot of trust issues and they tend to ooze their way in and ruin things. I’m a lone wolf with very few connections.

Happy holidays if you celebrate them. If not, have a good day not celebrating.  

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~







2 comments:

  1. I love your commitment to writing. And hope that it goes really well for you in the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, nice to meet you. I hope the holidays are good to you. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.