Saturday, February 13, 2021

An Introvert in an Extrovert's World

 


Image by doodlartdotcom from Pixabay

This is a response to Anstice Brown's IWSG post about blogging friends.

"There are several bloggers whom I’m very fond of and admire greatly, but my particular brand of introversion means that I’m pretty useless at maintaining real-life friendships, let alone the online variety."

Me too. I have a handful of online friends with whom I communicate outside of blogging, and that's sporadic. I am by no means a social butterfly. I often really wish my stories would just speak for themselves so I didn't have to network, because it isn't natural to me. I'm very awkward at it. I'm the kind of person who lurks by a large plant at a party and hopes that no-one notices me. Thankfully, I no longer feel beholden to go to parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a safe space. Be respectful.