Sunday, January 17, 2021

Ornery Ramblings: Check Please

 

This post is, in part, a response to the following post:

https://therapybits.com/2021/01/17/jusjojan-prompt-17th-january-check/

It is also a response to the JusJoJan prompt, which I just found out about.

My mom is a prophet of doom. I had a cold last week. I was quite sure it was a run-of-the-mill cold. My mother went on and on about how it could be COVID. I had to resist the urge to say, "okay, it's COVID, and now we're all going to die." 

I took a lot of B vitamins, and today I'm fine. Now it's just run-of-the-mill allergies.

If I had to check for the plague every time I sniffled, I'd have to go around with a cotton swab up my nose for the rest of my life. Not a pleasant thought! 

And now some further thoughts. This part gets profane, so if you're sensitive about swearing, this is your warning to turn back and go someplace less salty. No bitching allowed, except by me. 

I haven't been posting much in the way of personal thoughts lately. I kind of consider it to be a damn waste of time, and nobody wants to hear that shit.

Then again, why should I give a fuck what anyone wants to hear?

Is it catharsis to puke out what's bothering me, or is it just self-indulgent fuckery when I could be doing something potentially lucrative?

I need to check myself before I wreck myself.

These days there aren't too many places I can go to wreck myself. This town doesn't even have a liquor store. I don't drink more than a literal sip or two of beer or cider these days if my son happens to be having a beer or cider, which he doesn't do very often either.

Since the wind's finally died down (it's been windy as fuck over the past four days) I'll probably break out my walker and meander over to the general store to pick up some sour cream and cheese.

When I was in my late teens or early twenties, I would have died a thousand deaths to think that one day I would be living in a literal ghost town that didn't even have a bar or liquor store so I could drink myself into oblivion or go out mindlessly partying, hoping my miserable existence would miraculously change if the music was loud enough and I was shitfaced enough. 

I didn't know at the time that my behavior was a manifestation of unresolved trauma. Nobody really took PTSD or sexual assault seriously. Anyway, I was "asking for it" because I went with the guys who did what they did of my own volition. It was my fault, not theirs. Boys will be boys. They can't help themselves. I should take it as a compliment that they found me so irresistible.

Yeah, those are all things that I heard.

Believe me, I hated myself for a lot of years.

It's not like I love myself now, but I've learned to put up with myself and to realize that nobody has a right to shit on me. Not because I'm middle-aged, not because I'm a woman, not because I'm fat, not because I'm someone that most people would consider tremendously unattractive, not for any reason whatsoever. Anyone who tries to shit on me will get a cork slammed up their ass, hard.

We have a few plagues going on these days.

COVID-19 is the sort of plague that will physically kill your ass outright if it can.

The plague of misogyny is one that people love to pretend no longer exists. But it does. We are not living in a post-misogynist world any more than we are living in a post-racist world. Both of these plagues are still running rampant, as is the plague of cruelty to people who don't measure up to certain arbitrary standards of beauty.

The plague of classism continues to run rampant. Many people still believe that those who live in poverty don't deserve to have their basic needs met and that they brought their lot on themselves by "being lazy." 

If the poor slobs just pulled themselves up by their bootstraps, they too could live like Jeff Bezos in a mansion with more toilets than ten people require, all while denying adequate restroom facilities to their workers. Now, that's livin' large! What the fuck kind of billionaire are you if you aren't denying your serfs a place to piss?

COVID-19 is directly deadly. The other plagues destroy dreams, killing their victims slowly.

We need to hand all these plagues the check and kick them to the curb. We have not done nearly enough to address them.

And that is today's angry stream of consciousness from a perpetually pissed-off old bat whose resting bitch face never rests.

For more sporadically profane or profanely sporadic ramblings, bookmark this fucking site and check in with me at your leisure.


Fat, ornery, and sick of everyone's shyyyyyyyt.
Free use image by Open Clipart Vectors on Pixabay




LBRY is a decentralized content marketplace. I price the PDF versions of my work at approximately half of the Kindle price because I receive the entire amount rather than a royalty percentage. 

You can get a free LBRY account through this link. You can earn LBC for viewing content on LBRY as well as from selling your content.


I'm on a mission with no permission. You can support me on LBRY.

Most of my work is free. A tip as small as 5 LBC (approximately $0.15) really helps, and it all goes to me.

The Icky, Sticky, Nit-Picky Legalese If You Please (Or Don't Please)


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

This work is the intellectual property of Naughty Netherworld Press.

Reblogging is acceptable on platforms that allow it. LBRY’s reblog function is called repost, which makes things confusing since reposting is considered a no-no on most platforms. It’s fine to share the post using the repost function on LBRY. It is not okay to copy-paste the material into a new post.

Sharing a link to the post is acceptable.

Quoting portions of the post for educational or review purposes is acceptable if proper credit is given.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I didn't know where you are coming from. I do.
    And my resting bitch face gets more exercise than the rest of me I believe.

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.