Thursday, May 24, 2018

Harry's touching gesture helped heal wounds with dad Charles



I had a difficult relationship with my father, who passed away on July 8, 2012. I've always worn my emotions on my sleeve. He tended to be very rigid. Our relationship did warm up as we got older. I came to realize that he really did love me. He had just been raised that men don't show overt emotion.
I was angry for more than a year after he died. I was so happy with the progress we were making, and it felt like it had been cut short. I'm at peace with his passing now. I think we healed our relationship. I just wish we'd had a little more time to enjoy the new bond we'd formed.
By the way, I think Duchess Meghan is adorable.

Love,
Adam

1 comment:

  1. I think your dad softened a little as he got older. Maybe he realized he didn't have to put up a front anymore and was more able to be himself. Hugs. :-)

    ReplyDelete

This is a safe space. Be respectful.